Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boys.

Dear Ellie,

Over the weekend you got to meet daddy's friends, Gerald, Matt, and Jeff. You liked them a lot, especially Gerald. You interrupted us from eating the big dinner I prepared because you wanted to be a part of it too. SO sorry for excluding you! We quickly addressed the problem and brought you to the table with us, in hopes that you would stop crying. You didn't, and that's ok. I walked you around the house until you were content.

I never want to look back and wish I had held you more, or cuddled with you longer, or comforted you better.

Still, though, there are times when it seems nothing works. When those times come, sometimes daddy has the solution:


I don't know why, but you like the back of his thumb better than anything else sometimes. Thumbs up to daddy on his efforts.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment